Money Meets Medicine Podcast
MMM #5: Recovering From Financial Mistakes
What You’ll Learn from Recovering From Financial Mistakes?
- Steps to recover from financial mistakes.
- Unnoticed subscription services eating away at your monthly cash flow.
- Examples of investing mistakes, including active investing techniques.
- How smart people can reason their way to bad financial decisions, even after you know better.
- Our thoughts on commodities like gold and silver as hedges against the economy.
- Student loan mistakes during training.
- How multiple income streams and emergency funds can protect you from some financial mistakes.
Resources from the Recovering From Financial Mistakes Episode:
Check out the resources mentioned in this episode:
- Financial Mistakes I’ve Made Before I Knew Better
- Financial Mistakes I’ve Made After I Knew Better
- What You Need to Know About Disability Insurance (that would have prevented my disability insurance debacle, if I had known this stuff in medical school).
- Guide to Real Estate Syndications
This Episode’s Sponsor
This episode’s sponsor is Jamie Fleischner from Set for Life Insruance, which is one of the nation’s top independent brokerages specializing in life and disability insurance for physicians and professionals. Since 1993 they have worked with thousands of clients finding the most suitable products at the greatest discounted price.
Jamie has been a long time sponsor at The Physician Philosopher, and I’ve never heard a single bad review from my readers. So, if you need a term-life insurance or disability policy, you can reach out to Jamie by calling Set for Life at 888-553-3559 or emailing her team at [email protected]
Listener Question of the Week:
Today’s question comes from Dr. Graham,
“There is so much cash out there chasing returns right now… do you think it is a good time to be investing in real estate syndicates? We know a higher return means more risk… how much risk is there in real estate syndicates?”
Each episode, we are going to start including listener questions as they are provided to us. So, if you have a specific question you’d like answered on the podcast reach out to us! Email [email protected] or [email protected]
Subscribe in Your Podcast Player:
If you love the show – and want to provide a 5-star review – please go to your podcast player of choice and help other listeners find the Money Meets Medicine Podcast, too! If you think that our podcast is terrible, send me an email and I will
throw your email into the trash consider your constructive criticism to improve the show.
Seriously, though, go leave a review. It helps others find the Money Meets Medicine podcast, too.
You might also be interested in…
Do you want to know how to live your ideal life as a physician? Personal finance can help you. And so can this episode of Money Meets Medicine.
Have you found your dream house yet? Is that even a thing? That’s what we discuss in this episode of Money Meets Medicine.
Do you want financial freedom? Are you willing to wait 15-30 years? If not, come learn how to get to financial independence sooner through a physician side gig.