Money Meets Medicine Podcast
MMM #5: Recovering From Financial Mistakes
Life can be messy, and so we don’t want to curate the personal finance world. We all make mistakes, even those of us who live and breathe personal finance. Yet, in many places it feels like the message is “look at how perfect I am; you can be perfect, too!” In this episode, we will dispell this myth by discussing financial mistakes we can all learn from and how to recover from those financial mistakes, too.
What You’ll Learn from Recovering From Financial Mistakes?
- Steps to recover from financial mistakes.
- Unnoticed subscription services eating away at your monthly cash flow.
- Examples of investing mistakes, including active investing techniques.
- How smart people can reason their way to bad financial decisions, even after you know better.
- Our thoughts on commodities like gold and silver as hedges against the economy.
- Student loan mistakes during training.
- How multiple income streams and emergency funds can protect you from some financial mistakes.
Resources from the Recovering From Financial Mistakes Episode:
Check out the resources mentioned in this episode:
- Financial Mistakes I’ve Made Before I Knew Better
- Financial Mistakes I’ve Made After I Knew Better
- What You Need to Know About Disability Insurance (that would have prevented my disability insurance debacle, if I had known this stuff in medical school).
- Guide to Real Estate Syndications
This Episode’s Sponsor
This episode’s sponsor is Jamie Fleischner from Set for Life Insruance, which is one of the nation’s top independent brokerages specializing in life and disability insurance for physicians and professionals. Since 1993 they have worked with thousands of clients finding the most suitable products at the greatest discounted price.
Jamie has been a long time sponsor at The Physician Philosopher, and I’ve never heard a single bad review from my readers. So, if you need a term-life insurance or disability policy, you can reach out to Jamie by calling Set for Life at 888-553-3559 or emailing her team at [email protected]
Listener Question of the Week:
Today’s question comes from Dr. Graham,
“There is so much cash out there chasing returns right now… do you think it is a good time to be investing in real estate syndicates? We know a higher return means more risk… how much risk is there in real estate syndicates?”
Each episode, we are going to start including listener questions as they are provided to us. So, if you have a specific question you’d like answered on the podcast reach out to us! Email [email protected] or [email protected]
You might also be interested in…
Retirement funds are one of the biggest points of financial confusion for doctors. We want to provide some clarity and understanding so you can learn what you need to know to start making your money grow.
We’re going over five things about retirement accounts every doctor should know.
Have you ever felt like things are getting really heavy? And that you need to make a change? That is what we are going to do today on the show today. We are going to pull back the curtain and talk about things that have been going on in our lives. Often people don’t think about the lives of the people behind the YouTube videos or podcasts like this one, Money Meets Medicine. So today we are going to dive in and talk about hard decisions on this podcast Money Meets Medicine. Join us as we explore why resting in your personal and financial lives is essential for healthy success.
Is there a purchase you’ve been thinking about, but are afraid you should be spending your money in “better ways?” Listen along today as we talk about that Porsche 981 Cayman S, house, or expensive vacation you want, and how to get it. Learn how you can save for tomorrow while you also enjoy today.