Money Meets Medicine Podcast
MMM #3: Fitting a Peloton into Your Budget
So, if you have ever wanted to splurge on something that you are passionate about, tune in for this episode. We not only give you permission to spend the money, but highly encourage you to do so. Don’t believe me? Take a listen.
What You’ll Learn: Fitting a Peloton into Your Budget.
It’ll be simple bullet points:
- Why you should spend lots of money on things you love!
- How you can spend money guilt-free while obtaining your financial goals.
- How I justified buying a Peloton, despite being traditionally frugal.
- The At-home test for determining what purchases have made you happy, and which haven’t.
- Buyer’s remorse that was experienced by yours truly.
Resources from the Episode:
The following were mentioned in the Fitting a Peloton into Your Budget episode:
- The Peloton Bike (Use referral code DNSZAT to get $100 off equipment)
- Spending Lavishly, Cutting Mercilessly by Ramit Sethi
- How The Physician Philosopher overcame my frugality and purchased a Peloton
- The impetus for my Buyer’s Remorse: My Chevy SS
- How to buy a new car for the best price
- How to Avoid Buyer’s Remorse with Intentional Spending
This Episode’s Sponsor
This episode’s sponsor is Larry Keller from Physician Financial Services. If you are in the need for life or disability insurance, don’t hesitate to call Larry. Multiple readers and friends have used Larry, and I’ve never heard a single complaint. I’d recommend him to you highly, and without reservation!
You can find Larry at the Physician Financial Services website; call his cell phone at (516) 677-6211. Or, you can reach him by email at [email protected].
Listener Question of the Week: Fitting a Peloton into Your Budget.
This Question is submitted by Dr. Jake Matthews, a loyal listener, and the person who helped us come up with the name of this show! Jake asks, “Do you have a good icebreaker when it comes to discussing the taboo topic of finance?”
Each episode, we are going to start including listener questions as they are provided to us. So, if you have a specific question you’d like answered on the podcast reach out to us! Email [email protected] or [email protected]
Subscribe in Your Podcast Player:
If you love the show – and want to provide a 5-star review – please go to your podcast player of choice and help other listeners find the Money Meets Medicine Podcast, too! If you think that our podcast is terrible, send me an email and I will
throw your email into the trash consider your constructive criticism to improve the show.
Seriously, though, go leave a review. It helps others find the Money Meets Medicine podcast, too.
You might also be interested in…
Do you want to know how to live your ideal life as a physician? Personal finance can help you. And so can this episode of Money Meets Medicine.
Have you found your dream house yet? Is that even a thing? That’s what we discuss in this episode of Money Meets Medicine.
Do you want financial freedom? Are you willing to wait 15-30 years? If not, come learn how to get to financial independence sooner through a physician side gig.