Have you ever considered starting a side gig in blogging or podcasting? Maybe you are just an avid consumer of these two media types. Either way, it is useful for you to understand how blogs and podcasts make money. This way, you will understand the conflicts of interest that exist and be a smart consumer of these media products.
What You’ll Learn from How Blogs and Podcasts Earn Money
- What I view as my number 1 job as a blogger, podcaster, and educator.
- How blogs and podcasts make money through affiliate marketing links that you often click on.
- What a masked link is on the internet.
- How refinancing your student loans through The Physician Philosopher offers you a cashback deal you wouldn’t otherwise receive, while I get paid for that transaction, too. It is a win-win.
- Selling products
Resources from the How Blogs and Podcasts Earn Money
Check out the resources mentioned in this episode:
- The Physician Philosopher Disclosure Page
- The post where I discuss all the ways The Physician Philosopher blog earns money.
- How You Can Make Money Through Self-Publishing a Book on Kindle
- A guest post where I discuss How I Created An Income Stream through Fighting Physician Burnout.
- The Top 10 Gifts for Doctors Post
- The Student Loan Refinance Page (with cashback deals)
- An Example of a Naked Amazon Affiliate Link for The Physician Philosopher book (notice the “ref=” which means “referral is from” and “ttpllc” which references The Physician Philosopher, LLC): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/057844870X/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=ttpllc-20&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=057844870X&linkId=1544d0c92dc6533377a58d289df96308
This Episode’s Sponsor
This episode’s sponsor is Jamie Fleischner from Set for Life Insruance, which is one of the nation’s top independent brokerages specializing in life and disability insurance for physicians and professionals. Since 1993 they have worked with thousands of clients finding the most suitable products at the greatest discounted price.
Jamie has been a long time sponsor at The Physician Philosopher, and I’ve never heard a single bad review from my readers. So, if you need a term-life insurance or disability policy, you can reach out to Jamie by calling Set for Life at 888-553-3559 or emailing her team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Listener Question of the Week:
Today’s question comes from Dr. Matthews,
He wants to know the following, “What does financial success mean to you?”
Each episode, we include listener questions as they are provided to us. So, if you have a specific question you’d like answered on the podcast reach out to us! Email Jimmy@moneymeetsmedicine.com or Ryan@financialresidency.com
Subscribe in Your Podcast Player:
If you love the show – and want to provide a 5-star review – please go to your podcast player of choice and help other listeners find the Money Meets Medicine Podcast, too! If you think that our podcast is terrible, send me an email and I will
throw your email into the trash consider your constructive criticism to improve the show.
Seriously, though, go leave a review. It helps others find the Money Meets Medicine podcast, too.