Refinance Student Loans with a Cash Back Bonus (Up to $750 in your pocket!)
One of the biggest steps in our financial journey involved paying off $200,000 of student loans in just 19 months, which wouldn’t have been possible if we had not refinanced our student loans. Refinancing allowed us to reduce our 6.8% interest rate that we had on our student loan debt. And, we got a cashback bonus as a plus!
Remember: Unlike mortgages where fees are applied, you can refinance multiple times as you want to reap the rewards of the cashback bonuses mentioned below.
Below you will find companies that will help you Refinance Student Loans. I provide Pros and Cons for each. The cashback bonus is listed at the top of each company’s section.
If you aren’t sure whether you should refinance I’ve made a post you should read BEFORE you refinance. Otherwise, look around below and get the best interest rate with the best cashback bonus!
Cashback deals on refinancing are below. First, here is some introductory material on student loans, if you need more information before refinancing.
Posts on Refinancing Student Loans :
Cash Back Deals on Refinancing:
- Most flexible payment schedules (not strict 5, 7, or 10-year contracts like other companies)
- Competitive Rates
- No resident refinance product at this time
- Earnest can lend in all states except DE, KY, NV.
- If you are a resident in AK, IL, MN, NH, OH, TN, and TX – they can only offer fixed rates.
- Cannot consolidate with spouse’s loans
Credible is not a lender, but a marketplace where lenders compete for your business. They will show you actual rates from up to a dozen lenders (including SoFi) without impacting your credit score, and they don’t share your information with lenders until you choose the specific lender you want to pursue. Use the link above and receive a $750 bonus when refinancing through Credible on loan balances over $100k ($300 bonus on loans under $100k).
- Online marketplace that provides borrowers with competitive and personalized loan options in real-time
- Honest source for comparing rates
- Check your personalized rates in just 2 minutes without impacting your credit score
- No sharing of your information with lenders until you choose the specific lender you want to pursue
- One form to access options from top lenders
- No fees or prepayment penalties
Figure $200 Amazon Gift Card
- Fastest and easiest process to apply.
- 100% online process (no paper or scans required, unlike most refinance companies).
- Competitive Rates (Terms at 5, 7, 15, and 20 years)
- Cannot refinance loans >$250,000 or <$5,000
- If you are in trianing, they will consider your future attending paycheck if you have a contract in hand in the last 12 months in training.
- Great protection for your loans (strong language on discharge of loans with death or disability).
- CB allows you to consolidate with your spouse’s loans.
- Refinance for a Good Cause: Every loan that is refinanced pays for one year of education for a child in Ghana. Commonbond has financed over educations for over 5,000 children already.
- Resident refinancing is only available in the last 12 months of training. Interest accrues during that last year.
- First to refinance federal and private
- First to receive AAA rating from major rating agency)
- Cannot consolidate loans with spouses
- Refinances loans in training, and they will also refinance through fellowship (up to 54 total months per website). (Low $100 monthly payment during residency refinance while your debt grows at a substantially lower rate than it was before. Also, interest will not compound while in residency it will capitalize at the end of residency).
- You cannot consolidate loans with your spouse
- Residents must be within four years (54 months total for refinance) of becoming an attending physician.
- Resident Refinancing: Lowest monthly payment of any resident refinancing programs (only $1 per month). No monthly capitalization during training. Longest low payment period during training; for up to 84 months (7 years) of training. Also, extends to fellowship. Loans discharged on death in resident product (but not attending product below).
- Often higher rates, but everyone gets the same.
- Minimum FICO of 700 for solo applicants (670 with co-signer; co-signer release after 12-months)
- Max loan amount of $350,000.