Money Meets Medicine Podcast
MMM #1: How Batching Might Save Your Personal Finances
No, I’m not talking about “Batching It” where you act like a Bachelor for a weekend when your partner leaves. What I am talking about is being able to accomplish twice as much in half the time. If you batch your personal finance tasks together, you can produce the biggest bang for your buck – while also spending the least amount of time taking care of these tasks.
What You’ll Learn – Do You Even Batch?
- How to separate deep from superficial work – and how this can benefit your financial life.
- The difference between Time-Batching and Time-Blocking.
- Why it is important to create an automatic financial plan.
- The difference between a Maker’s Day and a Manager’s Day.
- Listeners will find out that I have superpowers, too.
Resources from the Episode:
- The Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss
- Physician Zen – Ultimate Secret to Productivity – Habit and Task Batching (Step 11 of 12)
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World
- Shaq’s $1 million spending spree in only 30 minutes.
- Maker’s Schedule versus a Manager’s Schedule
- My Book: The Physician Philosopher’s Guide to Personal Finance
This Episode’s Sponsor:
This episode’s sponsor is Larry Keller from Physician Financial Services. If you are in the need for life or disability insurance, don’t hesitate to call Larry. Multiple readers and friends have used Larry, and I’ve never heard a single complaint. I’d recommend him to you highly, and without reservation!
You can find Larry at the Physician Financial Services website; call his cell phone at (516) 677-6211 or by email to [email protected].
Listener Question of the Week:
Each episode, we are going to start including listener questions as they are provided to us. So, if you have a specific question you’d like answered on the podcast reach out to us! Email [email protected] or [email protected]
Subscribe in Your Podcast Player:
The podcast isn’t available on every pocast player. That takes some time. It should be available on iTunes and Spotify via the links below and searchable everywhere in the next several days!
If you love the show – and want to provide a 5-star review – please go to your podcast player of choice and help other listeners find the Money Meets Medicine Podcast, too! If you think that our podcast is terrible, send me an email and I will
throw your email into the trash consider your constructive criticism to improve the show.
Seriously, though, go leave a review. It helps others find the Money Meets Medicine podcast, too.
You might also be interested in…
Do you want to know how to live your ideal life as a physician? Personal finance can help you. And so can this episode of Money Meets Medicine.
Have you found your dream house yet? Is that even a thing? That’s what we discuss in this episode of Money Meets Medicine.
Do you want financial freedom? Are you willing to wait 15-30 years? If not, come learn how to get to financial independence sooner through a physician side gig.