The list below of recommended financial advisors will never be very long on this site, because this list includes the least conflicted group of financial advisors I can recommend.
Many of you know that I believe people break up into one of three categories:
- The Do-It-Yourself personal finance crowd. My hope is that everyone would become a part of this group, but that’s just not how it works.
- The “Dot the i’s and cross the t’s” group. Some simply want a professional advisor to look things over.
- The “outsourcing group.” Others want nothing to do with managing their own finances, and would like to outsource their finances just like they do in other areas of their life (childcare, lawn care, etc).
Because I want this website to be helpful for people from all three groups, I have put together a list of recommended financial advisors.
The problem is that knowing good advisors from the rest can be a huge challenge – even for those of us that know a decent amount about the industry.
The advisors that have made this list have filled out an application (TPP Financial Advisor Application) and they have been vetted by myself and an unbiased, non-TPP-sponsor who is also a financial advisor to land a spot on this list.
All of the advisors below have to pay to get on this list. A payment is required for two reasons.
1) To make them go through the application/vetting process. This implies that some will submit payments to apply, and not be accepted.
2) This is a for-profit website with a charitable cause.
Renewal payments will be around half of the initial application fee. Once an advisor makes the list, we will vet them once annually to make sure nothing has changed.
Financial advisors who are also sponsors of the site are listed first. After that, they are listed in the order in which they joined the site. Upon renewal of payment, they will then be shuffled to the top of the list beneath the sponsors.
Recommended Financial Advisors List
Physician Family Financial Advisors Inc.
My team and I make it easy for physician families like yours to save time and taxes while paying off student loans, buying a home and setting aside all the money you need for college and retirement. We focus exclusively on financial security for physicians, which might be why Physician’s Practice, The White Coat Investor and The New York Times have written about us.
As fee-only financial planners, we charge a level monthly subscription fee that includes all the financial planning and investment advice you need without conflicts of interest. We are fiduciaries with 25 years experience serving families nationwide.